I love having my 2 girls now. G has turned into a much smaller version of me. Apparently I am the coolest person in the world (to her) right now. I love it and I am going to enjoy it, because I don't think (though I can hope) it will last. Anything I do she wants to do or does. Some examples:
- She holds a phone exactly like I do. I didn't know I held phones in the same way all the time (between my shoulder and my cheek) but apparently I do. This is how G holds any phone (or pretend phone) all of the time.
- If I sigh or make any noise it gets repeated. (MUST WATCH LANGUAGE AT ALL TIMES NOW--not that I swear a lot, but the occasional swear word does pop out from time to time)
- Things I drink she wants to drink. Case in point--I stopped drinking Diet Cokes while I was pregnant. I now drink several a day. I NEED the caffeine. G has picked up on this and wants to drink it to! Remember G ONLY drinks water and breast milk. She refuses anything else. I put a drop of juice in her water cup this week and she refused it. Now she wants to drink Diet Coke.
I can't think of any other examples right now, but I'll update the list as I do. It's getting to the point that I feel like G knows me better than anyone else! It's like we're in tune with each other. I'm not sure if this comes from me being a stay at home mother or if it has something to do with our parenting style (we use attachment parenting for the most part), whatever it comes from I'm enjoying it. I can't wait until G is a teenager and I can remind her of the days where she thought I was the coolest person in the world and she wanted to be exactly like me.
Don't they say that imitation is a form of flattery? In this case it definitely is.









On our way to Rome today, Cate put in a Rosemary Clooney CD. I *LOVE* Rosemary Clooney and I think it is precious that Cate loves her too, but I secretly know that she just thinks Rosemary Clooney is cool because I think she is cool. Err, was cool. Whatever. Anyway my point is that I look at my daughter sometimes and just feel thankful that I have a little daughter to sing "Mambo Italiano" with, shop with, put on make up and nail polish with, and other things of that nature. I enjoy Cate and I can't wait to have another girl someday. For what it is worth, I adore my boys on different levels too. Boys have a magic power over their mommies that a girl can never match and you will never believe that is true until you have a boy and he looks at you one day and says "Mommy you are beautiful" :-)
ReplyDelete