Today in a local store my Mother in Law (MIL) were talking while we walked to the check out line. We were both "helping" G push the cart. One second she was holding on to the cart below us. The next second my MIL says, "Where's G?" Those are the worst words I have ever heard.
I think my heart may have stopped for a second.
The next second MIL says, "There she is!" (by the chips about 2 feet from us) and picked her up.
I let her hold her for about a second then had to take her. My heart was in my stomach or somewhere else, all I know it was a horrible feeling.
How could I lose my G Girl...even for a second or less?
There are certain things I am very serious about and watching my children and having them near me is 1 of them. Daddy P and I both worked (he still does) at a Psychiatric Hospital. We know, better than most, the types of people that are out there. I'm not talking about people with depression, etc..., but the real crazies that walk the streets with the rest of us. I keep both my girls close to me at all times. They don't stay with people other than Daddy P or my parents. I say this in to show what a horrible shock to my system it was to not know where she was for even a second.
G didn't even know she was "missing" for that second. I was almost in a panic and she was as happy as could be.
I don't think I'll ever forget that one second.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









I have lost Cate so many times I can't even count! It never fails, she is always no more than 4 feet from me, just hiding, but it terrifies me. People think I am mean because I make Simon wear a safety harness(baby leash ;-)), I don't care. My kids are fast and people out there ARE crazy!
ReplyDelete