Friday, September 18, 2009

Scary Moments

Last night our Angel Monitor went off around 1:30 am. I put my hand on K and it stopped but as soon as I took it off the alarm sounded again. I turned on the bassinet light to check on K, and she was a little purplish. I immediately got up with her and she was fine, but what a scary moment. We used the Angel Monitor with G for the first 6 months of her life and it never went off (unless we picked her up and forgot to turn it off). Last night was our first experience of it actually going off for a reason. Having the alarm go off last night was well worth the cost of it (though ours was a gift). We don't know what would have happened had the alarm not gone off, but Thank God that it did.
Graco Angelcare Movements Sensor with Sound Monitor
While it may seem that your baby is perfectly still when she is sleeping, she really isn't. Our Movement Sensor with Sound Monitor detects your baby's slightest movements, even while she sleeps. An alarm will sound alerting you to check your baby ONLY if she becomes absolutely still for 20 seconds and no movement whatsoever is detected. The under-the-mattress Sensor Pad detects your baby's slightest movements and sends the signal to the Nursery Unit. The Nursery Unit sounds an alarm ONLY if no movement is detected for 20 seconds. It also transmits all other nursery sounds and has a Movement Indicator Light showing if movement is being detected. The Parents' Unit receives the alarm and all other nursery sounds. The Angelcare Movement Sensor will give you the peace of mind you won't get from just a sound monitor or even a video monitor. And, this monitor is an excellent value. It is 2 monitors in 1 so you don't have to purchase a sound monitor.

I talked to Dr. Mommy Love and a friend who is an ENT today and they both seem to think the reason Mary Faith stopped breathing has to do with her reflux. To be clear we don't actually know if she stopped breathing or was just having difficulty, etc, but whatever happend the sensor didn't detect any movement from her for 20seconds and her coloring was off for the first few seconds I had her.

The girls both have appts with Dr. Mommy Love on Tuesday so barring any other episodes we'll be talking to her more about it then.

I've always felt reassured by the monitor but after last night I think it is something that all new parents should have.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that is unnerving to say the least! So glad that your sweet girl is ok!

    ReplyDelete