I can't believe it's been over a week since I've updated. I always think of things I want to update on and then either forget or don't have the time or energy to update.
Both of the girls are about to hit big age milestones, until next month anyway ;) G will be 18 months on 9/20 and K will be 2 months on 9/22. They are exactly 16 months and 2 days apart.
G is growing by leaps and bounds these days. It seems like each day she is doing something new or different. She is like a sponge, soaking up everything and anything around her. It's amazing to witness.
K is also growing and growing and growing. She love to nurse and I've had to pack away some of her newborn clothes. Soon they'll all be put up. It's bittersweet to watch our girls grow.
Past week in review:
Wednesday 9/9:
Had a fun playdate with a little girl only 4 days older than G. We met in kindermusic in August 08 and have become close friends over the past year. Her Mom is having another baby in the next few weeks too. I love watching the girls play together--they are so different but are going through similar stages so it is really nice for her Mom and I to get together to vent/share/laugh.
Thursday 9/10:
G, Kand I had a fun morning with Grammy and then went to see Dr. Love. Daddy P and I were both kind of sad driving up to see Dr. Love because we thought it was going to be our last visit for a while and we've become accustomed to seeing him every other week for almost 2 years! We'll be seeing him again in a few weeks though--we've still got some tweaking to do with my blood pressure meds and since I'm nursing he's going to do that for the time being. The day went downhill quickly because I'd had a headache since the night before and though Dr. Love gave me a shot it didn't go away and we had to head to immediate care that night to get some more shots. No fun at all, but at least the headache went away. I felt like an Indian giver because I'd lent my pump to a friend--I HATE pumping and hadn't used it in weeks--telling her I never used it and had no need for it, and lo and behold less than a week later I had to call her at 8pm and ask for it back. I knew she had bought one, but felt bad none the less. She was so sweet and instead of having us come and pick it up brought it over to our house. At 8pm. May not seem like much to those of you without children, but she also has 2--a 2 y/o and at that time a 1 week old. Wow, thanks again J. This same friend and her husband also came to our house at 9pm the day we brought K home from the hospital to because we were worried about jaundice. Another Wow and thanks again J! We are blessed with sweet, wonderful and caring friends.
In case I don't say it often enough I have an AWESOME, AMAZING husband. While I slept Thursday night he did double duty with both of the girls. And they gave him a hard night. K, who usually sleeps for at least 5 hours in the night was up on and off and when she wasn't up G was. Seriously he would put one down and before he could get back in bed the other one was up. And he had to go to work the next day. I'm a lucky girl :)
Friday/Saturday/Sunday:
The weekend was wonderful. The girls and I LOVE having Daddy home with us all day. He is so much fun and helps me so much with the girls. I'm so lucky to have such a hands on husband. We had a run around day on Saturday. G got new shoes and LOVES them. G is a shoe girl to begin with, but these are big girl shoes and she REALLY LOVES them, like will wear no other shoes but them LOVES them. They are very cute, but are play shoes and don't go with every outfit, though they have this week. We are always sad when the weekend is over and Daddy has to go back to work
Monday:
Stay at home kind of day. It was nice and relaxing. G ate a big lunch and took a long nap. Grammy & Grampy provided dinner. Yum.
Tuesday:
May become an entry all to itself at some point :) I had to have a cardiac echo done, and the appt was scheduled for Tuesday at 8am. David had to teach a class, Grammy had to teach a class & Grampy had to be at school. What was I to do? Taking K was no problem, but taking an active toddler would be impossible. God has blessed us with super friends. I call P, the mother of M, who is only 4 days older than G and also very pregnant, and asked her if she could watch G, and she said yes without pause. So sweet. Not only was she willing to watch her, she was willing to watch her with less than a day's notice, at 7am, knowing G would cry. She was a saving grace to us Tuesday morning. Thank you so much P! She was also the first non family member to watch G (other than the MOPS nursery folks) Obviously I trust her a lot. (Which seems like an understatement because trusting her with G is like trusting her with my life )
Getting ready for Tuesday morning made me have a new appreciation and respect for working mothers. I don't know how they do it each and every day. I was so stressed out about getting out the door in the morning. I had to get up at 6 (after feeding K at 4 and going back to bed at 5) and then Daddy P and I got ourselves ready, and then got the girls ready. I packed up the diaper bags the night before, but it was a lot to do before 7am in the morning. How do you working mothers do it? You must be super organized.
My G girl did great with P & M and was a happy girl when I picked her up. From there we went to a La Leche League meeting. It was the first one I had been to and I loved it. I knew 2 of the girls there from church, but it was so nice to meet other nursing moms with a lot of the same philosophies as Daddy P and I. Instead of feeling like the odd parent out I felt like we were part of the norm.
Wednesday:
A pretty normal and relaxing day for us. Both the girls have been in a great mood this week and we've been having fun times.
Thursday (today):
Another early morning that had me wondering how mother's who work out of the home get out of the house every day. I took K and G to the Dr by myself for the first time. We just went in for a weight check on K. She is a much different nurser than G was at this age and with her reflux I was getting nervous that she wasn't getting enough. She is growing perfectly though. I had wanted to see our Lactation Consultant, B, but B is loved by all nursing mothers and was booked up so settled for a weight check, but got lucky and ran into her while K was being weighed. She reassured me that K was growing perfectly and had time for a little chat with G. Hard to believe we've known B since G was 4 days old! She is so amazing and back when I thought I would never be able to nurse (right after G was born) Daddy P and I thought about asking her to move in ;) She's been a wonderful source of support to us for the past 18 months and is always available to answer my questions when needed. I really don't know where we'd be without her so it was nice to have her assurance that K is thriving and not starving. Thanks B!
After that we headed to MOPS, which I love. The speaker was wonderful. She gave a great presentation which centered on putting your trust and faith in the Lord. I've been hearing that a lot the past week and been trying to do just that instead of just saying I was trusting in him. Putting my faith into action has helped me. It's hard for me to always trust in him and have faith, though it is easy for me to say I'm doing it, and this week I've really made the effort to have the faith and the trust and it's helped me. The speaker today felt like a message that was meant just for me and I'm going to keep having that faith and trust without doubts.
G did wonderfully in the nursery. The MOPS nursery is the only place G stays without me, other than with Daddy P or my parents and that is a testament to the caregivers there. They are super and have worked with G every time she's gone. She cried and clung to me today when I dropped her off, but then was happy the remainder of the time. That's a first for her, usually they say she goes back and forth between crying and being occupied, but today she was happy.
She was also very outgoing at Kindermusic tonight. David and I had so much fun watching her play and interact with her teacher and the books. She is growing up so fast these days.
I'll try to update with some new pictures in the next few days :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Do NOT feel bad at all about the pump thing - I felt awful for you - can't imagine feeling that bad with all you have going on!! Oh there is so much I could comment on about this post - I totally understand being sad about the last Dr. visit - I nearly cried when I had my last one with my Augusta Dr., and sort of wanted to get pregnant again right away just so I could go see him for 9 more months. Crazy, right??? I think we're getting close to being able to do playdates again soon - we miss you guys!
ReplyDelete