Sunday, August 9, 2009

Temper Tantrums...

G has been having a lot of temper tantrums (fall out on the floor, kicking & crying types)the past few days. Several a day. Only at our house, or if we're with her at Grammy & Grampy's house. It's making me nervous because tomorrow it will be just me and the girls and Cody. Up until now I've either had Daddy P home with me or my Mom home with me. I think there will probably be a lot of crying...maybe from all 3 of us girls, maybe from Cody too! Thankfully Grampy is a phone call away. Most people tell me the tantrums last anywhere from 6 weeks-3 months. I'm sure we'll have some good days and some not so good days. Little Einstein's on Comcast On Demand is going to be a life saver and that makes me feel guilty. I always said (BEFORE I had kids) that I would NEVER use the TV to entertain. Having 2 children under 2 makes this a necessity though. I've come to the conclusion that if Playhouse Disney will make G happy and give me some time to do something with only 1 girl attached then it can't be that bad.

As much as I'm complaining right now, I feel blessed every day. I look at my family and am in awe at how much I love them and how happy I am. Right now I feel like I have the perfect life. There are actually times when both the girls are sleeping that I wish I could wake them up just to play with them. I have such a wonderful husband who helps me in every way possible, 2 daughters who are healthy, parents who help us whenever we need them too, and friends who will come by at a moment's notice to help us. Wow, just thinking about all we have makes me appreciate it that much more.

3 comments:

  1. no no, baby doll, the tantrums last until they are at LEAST 5! And I can only say that that is as long as they last because I am so optimistic that this is my last year of tantrums with Cate. Ok Ok, I think with girls, tantrums last until they grow up and have kids of their own! LoL. Gracie WILL adjust to her baby sister! She will be so much better when things start returning to 'normal' so look at David going back to work as a positive thing! Now you have the chance to really make a new schedule for the entire family and that will be so great for BOTH of the girls! When Liam was a newborn, and Simon was having trouble adjusting, I would take every opportunity when Liam was snoozing to coddle and play with him and when Simon was busy or sleeping and Liam was awake, I would give him my undivided attention....and even beyond that I had Cate give myself to as well...and Seth. My point is...don't forget to take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard from others who've had 2 under two that the first few weeks are terrible, but they get better quickly after that. Good luck today! We'll have a fun day too - Christa woke up at 5:30 this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know about those tantrums too! The videos are great! I love her moon walk! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete