Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sisters






I find G in K's bassinet like this several times a day. If K is sleeping and the door to our room is open and I take my eyes off of G for a minute she goes to her sister. She's very gentle and it is rare that K cries. It is so sweet. G loves her sister so much and K loves to watch her sister. I hope they always stay this close. The other day while we were having lunch with Grampy something happened and G took K's hand and held it. I wish I could have snapshots of little moments like that...I don't ever want to forget those little things that make me smile so much :) Some of my favorite moments happen while both the girls are nursing. They just stare at one another, or G rubs K's head. I'd like to have pictures of them together nursing, but it's hard to have discreet pictures taken while nursing 2! We're having family pictures taken in a few weeks and I can't wait. April, from April Ingram Photography, is coming to our house to take them, and I'm so excited to see the results. It will be interesting trying to get good shots of 2 babies, 1 dog and 2 exhausted parents, but April is very experienced having 3 kids herself and I know she'll take incredible pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I got a shout out! rockin! I can't wait for ya'll portrait session. We'll have to try to get a nice portrait of the tandem nursing. That will be something you will want to cherish for years to come! I took a picture of myself(I have a remote to my camera) nursing Liam when he was about 3 weeks old and it's one of my favorite pictures to date. Just brings back a FLOOD of memories of those first few weeks of him being here!

    ReplyDelete