Thursday, August 20, 2009

17 Months Old!

Dear G~
Today you are 17 Months old! You are growing up so fast. It literally feels like you were just born yet I can't imagine or remember my life without you. You are amazing and fill our lives with laughter and love. You can be so silly at times, so sweet at others and are wonderful all the time. I never take you for granted. I've been reading a blog written by a Mother of another G, who was born on the exact same day/year as you, only she wasn't healthy and died a few days before her 1 year birthday. Reading that blog makes me appreciate you even more. Instead of being irritated when you have a tantrum or want me to hold you while I'm doing something, I'm thankful that you are here to have the tantrum or throw things on the floor. I picked you up while you were napping today. I didn't want to wake you up, but I wanted to hold and snuggle you. It was so nice. We lay on the couch together, just the 2 of us and napped for a bit. I didn't think about it at the time, but now I realize I was actually holding you on the exact moment of your 17 Month Birthday :)

17 Month Info:


  • You weigh 20 pounds. You are tiny for your age and sometimes I worry about this :)
  • You have not been eating a lot for Daddy and I. You eat plenty at Grammy & Grampy's house though.
  • You wear a size 3 diaper.
  • You wear 12 month clothing, with the occasional 18 month thrown in.
  • You LOVE bracelets and they are everywhere--all over our car, all over our house, Daddy's office and Grammy & Grampy's house.
  • You had your first hair cut 2 weeks ago.
  • You LOVE getting your toe nails and finger nails painted. I think you are going to be a "Spa Girl" like Grammy is.
  • You LOVE clothes & shoes You want to pick out your own outfit each day. Sometimes I let you and sometimes I give you a choice of 2.
  • You pick out Mary Faith's outfit everyday. Sometimes I let you pick on your own and sometimes I give you a choice of 2.
  • You LOVE cell phones. You play with Mommy's all the time. Old cell phones that don't work don't interest you. You want the real thing. (You also call people --usually Daddy, Grampy, Mamie & Puppa without my knowing)
  • You can point to head, knee, toes, feet, hands, shoulder, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, teeth, tongue, belly and say some of these parts.
  • You are saying a lot of words now. Your favorite word is "Sissy" or "Sister" You learned that word the day K came home.
  • You are the BEST Big Sister I know :) You love to take care of sister and run to her when she cries. You love to climb into her bassinet and sit with her. You try to pick her up and hold her all by yourself (Daddy and I have to remind you that you need help)
  • You have a "baby" doll that you love. Baby gets her diaper changed by you, her outfit changed, with help from you and has turns in the swing, bouncy seat, stroller and tummy time mat. You also bring Baby to me when she is hungry so she can nurse.
  • You love Cody and he loves you. You pull his tail a lot and we have to remind you that tails are not for pulling and then you will give Cody love.
  • You are still nursing and love it more than ever. So do I.

I love you more each day baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment