Today you are 3 months old. It's amazing how fast the past 3 months have gone. Before you were born, even before we knew you were a boy I was frightened of the prospect of a son. I didn't know what I would do with a boy. I thought having a boy would rock my world. And it has, but in a very good way!!! I am in love with you in a way I never imagined. From your emergency entry into this world, to your hospital visits, to your little smiles, the sweet way you coo and "talk" to us, to the way you follow me with your entire body when someone else is holding you, every little thing you do makes me fall more in love with you. I recently read an article about first time mothers and one thing that stuck home to me was the statement "we are all first time Moms, even with our 2nd, 3rd 4th children" You are my 3rd child, but I am a first time Mommy of 3& a first time Mommy of a boy. Though I've experienced many things before, it's my first time to experience them with you and they are all special and memorable!
To me 3 months marks the end of the newborn stage. I've tried to taken in every little moment with you, because most likely I will not hold another newborn that grew inside me. I won't be up late at night nursing a teeny little baby, nor will I change another teeny little diaper. While this does make me sad, I look forward to all the things I have yet to experience as a mother!
3 Month Stats:
Weight: 14.6 lbs!!! My biggest baby by far at this stage!!! (And you have already doubled your birth weight)
Height:
- You are wearing size 2 diapers! We still have 1-2's left, but they are far too small for you! Daddy put a size 4 diaper on you (one of K's) by accident, and though it was big on you, it wasn't HUGE!
- You are wearing a few size 3 month items, and a mixture of 3-6 months and 6-9 month clothing. I just did a load of 9 month clothes to have in your drawer for when we need them.
- You sleep from 9 or 9:30 pm to at least 5 am, sometimes longer.
- You roll from your tummy to your back and from your back to your tummy (though I've never seen you roll from your back to your tummy, you do it every night in your sleep!)
- You have yet to even try a bottle. They are all packed up.
- You will take a paci for very short amounts of time, though your sisters, especially K, try to put one in your mouth.
- You love to lay on your play mat and play with "Mr. Octopus"
- You want to stand. If someone is holding you, you try to stay in a standing position. You can bear weight on your legs.
- We've tried you in the exersaucer for small amounts of time and you LOVE it.
- You are
smotheredcovered with kisses and love from G & K. They love you, they love to hold you, they love the change you, they love everything about you! - You have reflux, but most of the time it doesn't hurt you. You just spit up a lot! Grampy even keeps an extra church shirt in his car!
- You are still a super nurser! Your favorite position to be nursed is in the side lying position.
- Everywhere you go with your Daddy people say you are a little version of him! You have his long eyelashes, just like your sisters!









No comments:
Post a Comment