Wednesday, April 20, 2011

2 Weeks Old!

Dear Brother,

Today you are 2 weeks old.  Already time is flying by and you are growing before our very eyes.  Two weeks ago tonight I was feeling what I thought might be contractions.  I wasn't quite sure, since I'd never gone into labor on my own before.  Your birth was nothing like any of us here planned, but it was perfect in that you were born healthy.  Your first 24 hours were scary.  Though you were able to stay in the room with Daddy & I, you were grunting & gasping with each breath and we were all worried you would have to go to the NICU.  Thankfully about 24-36 hours after you were born you started pinking up and and breathing like a champ. 

My love for you astounds me.  Before I was a Mother I never knew I could love someone so much.  Then G was born and I loved her like I never knew I could, then K was born and I was amazed again and now again for you my sweet little boy, my heart expands.  While Daddy P is home I'm spending as much time as I can holding you.  I hold you every minute possible and try to soak in every minute of the newborn you. 

2 Week Stats:

Weight:  6 lbs 14oz

  • Newborn clothing is still big on you, and we've already gone through 2 boxes of NB diapers.
  • You are spending more time awake & I love watching you watch the world around you.
  • You are a very calm & quiet baby.  If you cry it's because you are hungry or have a dirty diaper....other than that it is rare to hear you crying.
  • You are held by both your sisters over and over through out the day, and you quietly lay there while they cover you with kisses and fawn over every part of you!
  • You make the sweetest little baby sounds while you sleep.
  • You are still nursing like a champ and we both love it!
  • You had your first bath on 4/19/11 and loved it!  You sat in my lap in the tub and just "soaked" it all in!  (You had your 2nd bath on 4/22/11 and your sisters got in too!  It was Mommy holding you with G on one side and K on the other!)

No comments:

Post a Comment