Wednesday, October 27, 2010

4 Year Anniversary: The Amazing Daddy P


4 years ago I married my best friend, my second half, the man that I wanted to have lots of babies with :)
Though I knew then what an awesome guy he was there was no way I could have known how truly amazing he was.

Because of him I live an incredibly blessed and amazing life. 
Because of him I have 2 sweet & amazing girls. 
Because of him I have a third little miracle on the way. 
Because of him I have a shoulder to cry on when I'm sad, someone to laugh with when things might not be funny and someone to exchange glances with when something strikes me. 
Because of him I have memories of running home early on Friday nights so we could snuggle up and watch Monk. 
Because of him I got to see my Grandfather as my Grandfather one last time right before he died--not many men would have dropped everything at work with 2 days notice and driven over 1000 miles with 2 little girls.
Because of him I had someone to lean on during my Grandfather's funeral--Not many men would drop everything at work again, only 1 week after returning from a 2 week trip, and tell his boss he had to be with me and fly back up North with me.
Because of him I get to sleep in or sleep all through the night when I'm not feeling well. 

My list could go on and on, so many things, all because I married an amazing man who became an amazing husband, who became an amazing husband.

During this time of our lives one of the reasons I love him most and am thankful for him is because I get to stay home and be a mother to my girls.  Before I ever got married or had children I knew I wanted to be a stay at home mother.  I felt so strongly about this that I told it to Daddy P (repeatedly of course as those of you who know me know I can do) before we were married, after we got married and as soon as we found out we were pregnant for the first time.  I honestly didn't want to have kids if they would have to go to daycare (***NOT PASSING ANY JUDGEMENTS HERE, everyone does what works for them and this is what we wanted***)  So we made decisions based on this fact.  Instead of buying a house of our own we rented one and made it our home.  We knew that on one salary there was no way we would be able to afford to have a house and have me stay home so we made our choice.  Daddy P kept his old Chevy Blazer til we thought it might die and then we graciously took my Mother's old car when it was offered.  Daddy P doesn't buy new clothes often and (shh) wears his boxers till they have holes in them.  He puts all of our family needs first. 

Before we found out I was pregnant Daddy P was working 2 jobs.  Not just being there physically,  mind you, but being there and giving his ALL over 12 hours a day so we would have a little "extra" for when I became a stay at home mother.  Daddy P continued working 2 jobs up until G was born and then we made the decision to cut back even more so we could enjoy our time as a family of 3. 

When G was born Daddy P became the Daddy I knew he would be and more.  He changed her first diaper and many more after that.  He became my lactation consultant when B couldn't be there.  He held her while she slept.  Since G was born he has been the most hands on Daddy I know.  Never missed a Dr's apt.  Never missed a class.  Always ready & willing to play or read a book or clean up poop, or put clothes on, or give a bath, or make breakfast (lunch or dinner) or go "wing". 

Now Daddy P drives over an hour each way to work each day all for us, so G, K & I can be home together.  He drives for a little over an hour before most people are up, gets to work, sits in a cubicle, doing computer work for 8 hours then fights horrible traffic for 2 hours to get home.  If you know Daddy P, you know sitting in a cube, on the 2o-something floor of a building, isn't his dream.  But he does it.  Every day.  So I can be home with our sweet babies.  When he comes home he's exhausted and beat.  Ready to go to sleep, but does he?  No, he plays with our children and helps with baths and reading stories and bedtime.  He is able to look past his personal needs & wants and work his a@# off so I can be home raising our children. 

My Amazing Husband.

Happy 4 Years Mr. Monk!  Thanks for being you and loving me.  I can't wait for all the years to come!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Happy Anniversary to y'all! You are a beautiful and amazing couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry. So nice to be around other couples so happy and in love. What an amazing couple. We are so lucky to have such great husbands!

    ReplyDelete