Saturday, October 23, 2010

14 Weeks Preggo

Yesterday marked my 14 week of pregnancy!  This pregnancy seems to be passing by more quickly than my other 2, most likely because I'm so busy keeping up with G & K that I don't have as much time to obsess over it.

Baby Bop's Pregnancy So Far:

  • I'm throwing up just as much as I did the first 2 times, though have gotten to be much more efficient, ie I can throw up while blocking K from the toilet and then go make G & K lunch.  G is very used to me throwing up and will say things like "Do you need to throw up Mommy?" when I say my tummy doesn't feel well
  • I'm much more tired this time around....like flat out exhausted all the time...
  • ...because of this I'm drinking 2 Diet Coke's a day which I NEVER would have though of doing in my first 2 pregnancies.
  • Gum seems to help ease or more accurately, put off, my vomiting, so now when I say my tummy's not feeling well G is quick to ask if I need gum!
  • We've had 2 ultrasounds so far and the hb's were in the 150's and above each time.  Last apt's Doppler had it at 154. 
    • It's been weird for me to not have an  ultrasound every other week as I did with G's pregnancy or every 4 weeks as I did with K's pregnancy.  I spend a lot of time worry about spinabifida and other scary problems.  Can't wait till my next ultrasound at 17.5 weeks!
  • G loves to "talk" to the baby and wash my belly.  So sweet.
  • K doesn't seem to comprehend the pregnancy, except for being steaming mad that my milk is drying up :(
  • My belly has popped out--more than just having 2 kids in 2 years caused it to do ;0
This is kind of scary for me to post, but I'd like to keep track of my weight gain this pregnancy.  I'm not the girl who obsesses over each calorie, and all I strive for while pregnant is to be healthy.  While I'm definitely NOT a pregorexic during each of my pregnancies Dr. Love has been very pleased with my weight and fortunately his opinion is the one that matters (along with Dr. Risky) during these months.

So at 14 weeks my
Total Weight Gain is -1 lb
(thanks to the 2lbs I lost due to all the vomiting so far.) 

I don't think that will last with Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas coming up, but I'll take it while it lasts.

Food Cravings:  As usual Mexican, and anything spicy :)

Most Annoying Thing Said to Me:  People keep saying things like, "Bet Daddy P is hoping for a boy this time" Um, Daddy P is actually very HAPPY & in LOVE with his 2 little girls and we would both LOVE a third.  A boy would be a blessing, but would also rock our world!

Best Feeling Yet:  Finding Baby Bop's Heartbeat with my borrowed Doppler.

Random Thought:  Although I'm sad that Baby Bop will never meet Kenny in this world, I find comfort thinking that they are getting to spend these months together.  I still have difficulty conceptualizing exactly how to think of Kenny now (other than the big D word) I am able to think about Baby Bop and Kenny getting to know one another right now and that makes me happy.

Can't Wait...:  to find out if Baby Bop is a "sister" or "brother" as G would say!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to find out what you are having either. I'm betting on another girl, even though I really think you would enjoy a little boy! Either way, this baby will be loved, beautiful, and awesome in every way!

    ReplyDelete