Dear Mean Neighbors,
I’m sitting in our back yard right now, feeling calm,
listening to the sounds of my children playing and our nice neighbors talking
and playing music. It’s a peaceful
Sunday afternoon. You haven’t taken that
away from us. Daddy P had a nice long
chat with your neighbors, and they love the work we are doing on the yard, and
complimented us on our “pretty” dogs.
An hour ago, a week ago, two weeks ago, I’ve had moments of
anger, rage and hatred for you. For
opening my own eyes to the cruelty of the world, for giving my daughter
nightmares, but I’ve also had moments like right now, which I am going to aim
for thus forward.
The word’s of the Lord’s Prayer keep going through my mind,
“and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against
us”. I forgive you. I want to live in peace now, even if you don’t. I don’t want to live obsessed with looking
out my window, worrying about what you are going to do next.
I’m not going to give you the power to upset my day
anymore. I’m going to smile and wave at
you, and hope you have a nice day, and really mean it. You can choose to be mean and nasty and
vile. I’m going to choose to be nice and
kind and loving.









No comments:
Post a Comment