Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day: My Gift!!!

To me Mother's Day is everyday.  Granted I don't appreciated every day like I should, anywhere near like I should, but I have the things in life that I need and want. 

I am married to a man, the super Daddy P, who is in full agreement with my desire to be a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM).  We don't exchange gifts on any holiday or birthday, there's just no budget for it, but I remind him often that my gift is being a SAHM.  Instead of dropping my children off somewhere each morning I get to be at home with them pretty much all day, every day, and while there ARE moments during each day that I would love to run off and escape somewhere, I truly view each day as my Mother's Day (Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas) gift.  My children are only going to be babies, toddlers & preschoolers once.  There is no place I would rather be than at home raising them myself.  I'm already seeing how quickly time passes. 

Much to my unease G is starting preschool 3 half days a week in the fall.  The fall, and I am already staying up at night stressing over this.  For her entire life she's been with me, and the few times I've been away she's been in the care of Daddy P or Grammy & Grampy.  Starting in August I will have to drop her off to be in the care of someone else for 4 hours a day.  Some Mother's may relish this time, and I may grow to, but for now I can't imagine what it will be like not to have her with me.  I don't want to hold her back, and am thankful she will be in a school that Grammy & Grampy are very involved in and that is a very short distance from our home, BUT I am dreading the day that I take her there and leave her and drive away with K & Bro.  I know that all too soon they will be doing the same and I will be back in the world of the working, looking back at my days of being a SAHM with looonging.

When I first became a Mother I told a friend I had found the job I was born to do.  She, another SAHM, said she felt the same way.  It's the only way I can describe it to people.  The second G was born I knew that being a SAHM was the best job in the world for me and what I had waited for my entire life.

So today, the official day of recognition for Mother's everywhere, I celebrate my journey in Motherhood.  Yes there are times I wish I had a lunch break or the ability to run out for anything, but those are the minority, minutes or seconds of my life, and aren't what my days are made of.

Thanks to Daddy P for giving me a gift, well 3 gifts ;),  I get to enjoy every single day of my life, I don't know what I'd do without a hubby like you!

1 comment:

  1. Sheila, I can only imagine the day that I too will have to send Sydnie off to be in the care of another. I am so not looking forward to that day. (((HUGS))) and confidence knowing that you are giving your child a chance to grow and blossom outside of home. I have no doubt that it will be reassuring that your family is involved in the school she will be attending. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete