Monday, October 5, 2009

Right to Life Sunday

With all of the hubbub surrounding K's Baptism I forgot to mention that she was Baptised on Right to Life Sunday.Before I had kids I was always Pro Life, but never really thought about abortion or the children it killed very much.

You see I've always been a person who thinks that people should do what works for them: as long as it doesn't hurt another living being. I'm not outspoken about most of my personal beliefs, hate debating and/or proving my own opinion as right, but abortion is one issue I feel very stronly about.

When I saw G's heartbeat for the first time, saw her stubby little arm & leg protrusions moving around and waving, at 6 weeks old, yes 6 weeks pregnant, I became truly PRO LIFE. I view abortion as murder. No one can make me believe that abortion is ok. Please don't try either. Respect my belief.

I first found out I was pregnant with K, around the first of December 08. I called L, Dr. Love's nurse excitedly and made an appointment for that week. Dr. Love did an ultrasound, and didn't see anything but a sac. We made an appointment for an ultrasound the next week...and the next and the next. Dr. Love was not hopeful that a baby would appear. We scheduled 1 more ultrasound for 12/23/08. 2 days before Christmas. My Mother came with us to that appointment. It was a very sad ride to Dr. Love's office. Though we had hope and had prayed and prayed and prayed we weren't expecting anything. By all medical standards K's heartbeat & fetal pole should have been visible in an earlier ultrasound...our dates weren't wrong, and Dr. Love told us if we had been any other patient he would have offered a D/C to us much earlier. Dr. Love was out of the office when we went in for the last ultrasound, but he had arranged for us to have a very sweet nurse & ultrasound tech with us. They were both aware of the situation and were understanding of our tears and heavy hearts. They waited until we were ready for the ultrasound to begin and started it. Almost immediately we were able to see K. Not only her heartbeat (which was perfect and visible), but those little stubby arms and legs. It was an amazing Christmas Gift. Where there had been nothing but an empty sac less than 1 week earlier, there was a baby, our Faith.

Say a prayer when you read this, for all women thinking abortion is their only way out, for all women who have endured an abortion, for all women who use abortion as a form of birth control and for all the unborn who little lives are at stake.

Prayer to End Abortion
Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered deathby the Resurrection of Your Son.
I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Today I commit myself Never to be silent,
Never to be passive,
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.
I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some,
but for all,
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment