A Day in the life of a Tandem Nursing Mom: I don't get much done during the day, though I always plan on it, and after reading a story of another Tandem nursing Mom, decided to keep track of how much time I spend nursing during the day. This was a very difficult task for me because I don't usually keep track of nursing sessions. I don't plan on doing it again, but it is interesting to see how much time I'm nursing someone.
4:15am-5:00am
Nursing Session 1: Start out nursing K, G wakes up about 10 minutes in the session. Daddy tries to put her back to sleep...no go. G comes to nurse. K also wants to nurse. Wish I had 2 working "nursies". Alternate between the two of them until G goes back to sleep then just nurse K.
8:30-10ish
Nurse K for about 10 minutes...G needs a "sip"
Nurse K for about 1 minute
G wants a turn
Nurse G for about 10 minutes
K wants a turn
Nurse K till she falls asleep.
10:30ish
G (apparently using me as a fountain today) has a sip every few minutes.
10:50-11
Nurse K.
11-11:30:
More sips from G.
11:30-11:40
Nurse K.
12:00-12:10
Nurse G
1:25-1:40
Nurse K
2:30-3
Nurse G to sleep & then Nurse K
My longest non nursing stretch of the day! Both girls are sleeping, but the (4) kids I sit for get home from school around 3ish.
6:25-6:35
Nurse K
6:35-7ish
Nurse G
7:30-7:50
Nurse K.
I'll have to come back and edit because it's now 7:51. I'm not currently nursing anyone, but the time will come soon.
It's already a day full of nursing sessions.
Once both the girls go to sleep for the night (9ish) they will be asleep until about 4am when the day starts over again.
Wow.
I love nursing.
Edit: I gave up on keeping track after the 7:50 nursing sesssion...it was just too much to keep track of....I realize now I nurse alot and treasure every moment that I do :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









kay, I am tired just reading that. Kudos to you super mom!
ReplyDeletewow! I didn't realize you nursed on only one side. holy cow and 2? you have a super-boob LOL! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL--More like a super-sized boob Meagan! It's huge compared to my other one, lol!
ReplyDelete