Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bro is 1!

Dear Bro,

I sit here nursing you tonight and wonder how a year can pass so quickly.  I remember the moments leading up to your birth with so much clarity, then remember seeing you for a moment and having you wisked away from me, finally getting to my room and waiting, waiting and waiting to hold you.  After your sister's were born I had them with me.  I had to wait, an agonizing wait, for you.  Six hours after you were born I was able to hold you.  My sweet baby boy.  Before you were born I didn't know what I would do with a boy, and once you got here I didn't ,and still don't,  know  what we would do without you. 

You were the smallest of my babies, weighing in at a mere 6 lbs and 5oz, but at 1 year you out weigh your sister's 1 year stats by at least 2 pounds. 

Weight:  Around 20lbs
Height:

  • You wear a size 4 diaper.  Technically you can still wear a size 3 diaper, but K wears a 4, and it's easier if you guys have the same size ;)
  • You have 6 teeth!  You have (MANY)  more teeth than either of your sister's did at this age.
  • You wear size 12 month clothes.  18 month things are far to big, while most 9 month items are too small. 
  • You are walking without any hesitation.  You took your first steps at 10 months, and can now run, climb and get anywhere you want to be.
  • You are very verbal, and can say Mama, Dada, Dog, bark :). 
  • You love to give kisses, but will only give them to girls or Cody!  Though I did see you give one to Daddy yesterday!
  • You want to do everything your sister's do.  When they play out on the carport and I don't let you out with them, you get SO mad!
  • You are all boy! You love to hammer, you love balls, you love when we roughhouse with you and you love cars.
  • Some of your favorite foods are:  strawberries, blueberries, pasta, cherrio's, peanut butter crackers,  YoBaby Yogurt, chicken, rice.
  • You are still nursing.
  • I nurse you to sleep and then you sleep in a cosleeper until you get hungry and then you nurse.  I don't usually even wake up. 
  • You have never taken a paci.
  • You've never had a bottle. 
  • You drink water out of a cup.
  • You LOVE to take baths and take almost every bath with me.  At times you will take a bath with G&K, or a shower with Daddy.
Bro, my little hershey puff, the nickname given to you by G, there is so much I want to remember about your first year.  I wish I had documented each month, but life has been insanly busy and I've been so involved in living it that I haven't had time to write about it.  You are such an easy baby.  After your first few months of life and a few hospital visits and scares, you have been a healthy boy.  You don't cry much at all, and have an adorable smile and laugh. 

We all love you Hershey Puff, more than you will ever know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment