Tuesday, February 15, 2011

10 on Tuesday

1. Any vacations you are looking forward to this summer?


We might be going to Disney World for a few days and I'm excited about that, otherwise I'm dreading summer a bit.  Last summer was a sad one and little, weird things trigger waves of emotions that I don't really want to deal with.  We went strawberry picking a few days before heading up to see Kenny for what was to be my last time, and every time I even look at those pictures I just think how clueless I was to how very sick & tired he was and how less than a month later he was gone.  I still struggle with his loss.  Almost every day at some point I think, "Wow, Kenny is dead."  It just seems so final and I miss him.


2. What is your favorite article of summer clothing (shoes are included)?

Flip flops!!!


3. What is your favorite summer drink (alcoholic or non)?

I love Diet Coke year round.  I also love lemonaid.


4. Do you tan or burn?

Tan.  I was a pool, beach, waterpark life guard for many years (like over 10!) and really didn't have to even wear sunblock.  Now I try to avoid sitting outside in the sun.  It makes me think of work!


5. Any goals you are working toward this summer?

Not at this point.  Just getting through the year anniversary of Kenny's death, and surviving 12 hour days alone with my 3 kids who will be ages 3, 2 & newborn.


6. What is your favorite summertime food?

Anything on the grill.  Daddy P rocks the grill.  I love kababs!!!

7. What song most says “summer” to you?

Summer Lovin, from Grease!


8. Any home improvement goals planned for this summer?

Not at this moment!  The biggest thing I want to do is work on being caught up on housework, laundry, etc and also making playing with my kids a priority!


9. What is one thing you hate to see at the beach?

Private body parts.  I see more breasts than I ever want too.  I think it is funny that people think nursing in public is gross when I see more boob out in public than I'd ever think about showing while nursing.  I'm just not into seeing cleavage or parts of boob.  Cover them up people!


10. Did you ever go to a summer camp?

Yes. I loved it & wish I could go back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment