Today is your 1st Birthday! It's hard to believe that at this time last year you weren't even born yet. As I'm writing this it is 12:49 pm and you were born at 1:30 pm. We've had an amazing year. Before you were born I tried to imagine what life would be like with you here, and nothing I could have dreamed of could describe the perfect joy you bring to our lives. You've come a long way in the past year...from a tiny baby weighing 6lbs 14oz to a little person almost the same size as her big sister. I love holding you, watching you, and am constantly amazed by everything you do & are. You have such a sweet personality, but are a fiesty one who will not be looked over. You want to do everything your older sister does, you want to be a part of everything that is going on, and sometimes get frustrated that you can't do certian things. You will get there my sweet girl. I enjoy ever second of my life with you and can't imagine not having you as my daughter. Last year at this time your Great Grandfather & Grandmother, who you are named for, were awaiting, with great anticipation, our phone call with the news that you had arrived. All through your first year they were just as amazed at you as everyone else and words cannot express my joy that you were able to meet them, together. While we were visiting Kenny couldnt' stop thanking Daddy P & me for bringing you to him. He loved meeting you as much as he did your sister, and proudly announced your name to everyone who came into his room. When I call your name, when I look at you, when you do certian things you continue the incrediable life he lived. We are blessed to be your parents and blessed to have you in our lives. We all love you my sweet little girl.
1 Year Stats:
Height:
Weight:
- You are wearing a size 4 Diaper
- You are wearing 9-12 Month sized clothing
- You have 2 teeth
- Your smile lights up your entire face and you use it often! I love to see you smile!
- You love your sister G so much & want to do everything she does.
- You love Micky Mouse & Minnie Mouse & Barney
- You are walking and have been since you were 9 1/2 months old! You keep me on my toes!
- You love to climb. The train table, the stairs, onto chairs, onto the fireplace, on all of your toys and anything else you can!
- You have had several bumps & bruises from all your exploring! You've already had a busted lip, a bloody forehead and always have a bruise somewhere on your body!
- You say Mama & Dada, and understand lots of other words. If I ask you were someone (G, Cody, Dada,) is you look at them
- You run, with arms streached out wide, calling Dada, and bounce with joy when Daddy P gets home!
- You have so much fun with Grammy & Grampy. You bounce with excitement when you see them and no tears come when they babysit for you!
- You are outgoing and want to be a part of everything! Often we have to stop G from physically holding you back at places like Kindermusic!
- You love when you and G wear the same exact clothes! You want everything she has and we're already having to encourage sharing between you and your sister!
- You sleep right next to Mommy & love to snuggle up to me all night long!
- You have a Minnie Mouse "Lovey" that you LOVE and bring everywhere you go!
- You are still nursing and love it more each day (so do I)










Happy Birthday K! (and mommy too!) Such a sweet letter to your beautiful Daughter Sheila, I hope you are printing these blogs out and saving them for your girls to enjoy when they are grown!
ReplyDelete